Re: Oracle7 Workgroup server for SCO unix - anybody using?

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/06/04

monicaz_at_ix.netcom.com(Monica Zimmerman) wrote:

>Hi there,

>I have a situation and was wondering if anyone else out there is doing
>this as well..

>I will be developing using the workgroup server, developer/2000 on SCO
>unix (open desktop). But, the different locations that will be running
>the applications we develop will be running on SCO 3.2v4.2 character
>based. Oracle said this could be done, so I'm taking my chances with
>this. Has anyone else out there had a similar experience, and if so,
>what concerns should I be aware of?

>I appreciate ANY input.
>Thanks and have a great day!
>-M.Z.

We are not using Workgroup Server on SCO, but have got Developer/2000 1.0 with Forms 4.5 character mode running on SCO 3.2v4.2.

Just make sure you install into a different Oracle Home and get all the patches from Oracle as D/2000 1.0 will not read D/2000 1.2 .fmb files from Windows.

It was frustrating, but we got there in the end.

Robert Jones

Robert Jones (rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk) - DBA, Developer/2000 Kalamazoo ANSWER Limited - an Oracle BAP ANSWER Open Systems Applications