Automatically append "*" to select statements?

From: Shayne Judkins <sjudkins_at_trendar.com>
Date: 1996/06/04

I am implementing a Help Desk product called "Expert Advisor". We are running Oracle 7.1 and Expert Advisor talks to Oracle through ODBC. Does anyone know of a way I can automatically append an asterisk to all of my queries through Oracle (I mean...some switch I can turn on IN Oracle)? I can change the actual source code, but I would have to change every Inquiry screen. Unfortunately, the function that actually builds the "select....where" string is in a DLL (I don't have access to the source). If I could "flip" a switch in Oracle, that would solve all of my problems.

Please respond via EMAIL if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Shayne

--
Shayne Judkins         Special Projects Manager    shayne_at_trendar.com
Trendar                                            voice (615) 367-1000