Re: [Q] Can SQL*NET listen on two addresses at onec?

From: Naren Chintala <naren_at_mink.att.com>
Date: 1996/06/04

David J DeWolfe <sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu> wrote:
>Hi;
>
> If you hear of a way to listen on 2 addresses
> w/ 1 listener, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know, as I was trying
> to do the same thing a few weeks back while configuring an fddi interface
>, in addition to the existing ethernet interface, on one of my hosts.

David,

It is POSSIBLE to listen on 2 addresses with 1 listener. We are running Oracle 7.2.2.3.0 on Solaris 2.5 (SPARC2000). Have a look at my configuration files. The LISTENER listens on two IP addresses on the same machine.

Email me if you have any questions.

Naren Chintala
AT&T
Middletown, NJ
naren_at_mink.att.com

Contents of /etc/hosts

IPaddress1 test1
IPaddress2 test2

Contents of the listener.ora

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (HOST = test1)
          (PORT = 1525)
        )

        (ADDRESS =
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (HOST = test2)
          (PORT = 1526)
        )

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
LOG_DIRECTORY_LISTENER = /var/opt/oracle LOG_FILE_LISTENER=LISTlog.log
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
TRACE_DIRECTORY_LISTENER = /var/opt/oracle
TRACE_FILE_LISTENER=LISTtrace.log

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = temp)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/7.2.2)
    )
  )