Re: Does anyone make a 32 bit ODBC driver for Oracle 7.1?

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1996/06/03

Peter de Wolff wrote:

> Greg Vinall wrote:
> >
> > mcook2_at_notes.cc.bellcore.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if there is a 32-bit ODBC driver for the
> > > Oracle 7.1 database?
> >
> > I believe one comes with MS Access 2.0 for Win95 and alos with VB 4.0.
> >

> > > Oracle says that they did not manufacture one for 7.1 (only 16-Bit)...
> > > I was thinking that there might be another third party vendor that might
> > > have one.
> > >
> > > I have to use the 32-Bit ODBC administrator in Windows NT in order to
> > > communicate with my existing program.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Mike Cook
> > >
> > > Bellcore
> > > mcook2_at_notes.cc.bellcore.com
>
> Didn't anybody look at WWW.ORACLE.COM or what. They have their own ODBC
> driver and you can get if for FREE.

I believe the issue is that it appears that the latest versions of the ODBC (16 bit and 32 bit) are not working or are not working with the SQL*Net 2.2.x drivers.

At my company, we have gotten the old ODBC to work using SQL*Net 2.1. The SQL*Net is compatible with any version of SQL*Net 2.X.

We have not been able to get the 32 bit version of the ODBC to run under Win95, although the SQL*Plus appears to be fully functional.

We reverted the Win95 support to the 16 bit ODBC with SQL*Net 2.1 and it is running!!!

There appears to be some sort of problem with the latest ODBC.

Mike Krolewski Received on Mon Jun 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message