Re: Problem using DBMS_PIPE

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1996/06/03

Scott T. Johnson wrote:

> I will assume that you have run CATPROC.SQL on the database. Is the
> CREATE_PIPE located in you schema? Can you see it via a schema reference
> (owner.object)?
>
> James Scharpf wrote:
>
> > PLS-00221: 'CREATE_PIPE' is not a procedure or is undefined
> > PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> > PLS-00221: 'SEND_MESSAGE' is not a procedure or is undefined
> > PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> > PLS-00221: 'RECEIVE_MESSAGE' is not a procedure or is undefined
> > PL/SQL: Statement ignored
> > James Scharpf
> > email: james.scharpf_at_microchip.com
>
> --
> Scott T. Johnson CIS: 73052,2500
> SHL Systemhouse sjohnson_at_shl.com
> sarek_at_cais.com

I recall a problem with dbms_pipe that all the commands had to be prefixed with dbms_pipe.create_pipe etc to work. I believe there is a mechanism for doing this automatically, but I do not know it.

The script file could have the commands without the needed dbms_pipe prefix.

Just a guess.

Mike K. Received on Mon Jun 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message