calling Stored procedure from MS Access returning recordset?

From: Stefan Daxenbichler <100422.3112_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/06/02

Hi!

I managed to call stored procedures from MS Access via ODBC, also opening server-side views.
As oracle does not allow sort orders or conditions in a view definition, I want to accomplish this
by using stored procedures or functions returning a recordset, i.e. something like
  dim q as querydef, rs as recordset
  q.sql = "StoredProcName(param1, param2)"   q.connect = "ODBC;..."
  set rs = q.openrecorset()

But how do I define this procedure with oracle? I found no way to returning a cursor or something similar. Is it possible at all?

Thanx & bye

                Stefan Received on Sun Jun 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message