Re: RFD: comp.databases.oracle reorganization

From: Stevec5088 <stevec5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/05/31

To all in comp.databases.oracle:

I have only seen negative comments on my decision to create the group comp.databases.oracle.admin for database and system administration topics. I chose the .admin suffix, since other comp. newsgroups currently use the same suffix. Apparently, many feel strongly that it should be comp.databases.oracle.dba

I need a little more feedback on this if anyone feels it is important. Is there anyone who will support the .admin suffix, or should I revise the name? I believe revising the name will require starting the RFD process all over.

So this is a request for a quick straw poll. I will post the results in a few days.

Please email your (short) comments to: stevec_at_csufresno.edu (Please crosspost long narratives or comments on other issues to both news.groups and comp.databases.oracle.)

Thanks,
Steve Cosner Received on Fri May 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message