Re: The black art of SQL*Net

From: Jim Richards <jimr_at_aone.net.au>
Date: 1996/05/31

Somewhere in the midst of time, jimr_at_aone.net.au says...

>After having a look through this news group I find there are two types of
>people.
>
> 1. Those who know how to set up and start the tns listener.
> 2. And those who don't ...
>
>I an in the second category. I have a solaris box, oracle 7.3.2 and a win95
>box. I have sql*net v2 ... all the files appear correct, and look nice.

After much of your support and thanks I have now passed through the veil and am in the first category. I finally have sql*net running on my PC to the oracle7 server on the solaris box.

And what a journey it was.

Thanks to all of you.

--
Mary had a little spam,