Re: db_block_size

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/05/31

As the user SYS issue:

grant select on v_$parameter to USERNAME

where username is the user creating the procedure below, then the synonym v$parameter will work.

V$parameter is a public synonym,
V_$parameter is a view.

Since in the procedure you don't have the priveleges from a role, you can't 'see' v_$parameter in the stored proc until someone grants access directly to you.