Re: I am looking for a stand-alone Aplication Development Tool?

From: Hadar Paiss <hpaiss_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/05/30

ray charbonneau wrote:

> mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu (Mirwais Qader) wrote:
> >I am in the process of evaluating some tools that may
> >be used for cross-platform application development.
> >>I need something that is FAST, EASY to TEACH and LEARN
> >in a reasonably (1-2 months) quick amount of time, and be
> >able to create stand-alone database applications for
> >Windows and possibly Macs.

 <snip>

> Marwais:
>
> Delphi does not support MAC platform.
>
> Version 5.0 of Powerbuilder does create compliled EXE.
>
> I agree with your viewpoints on C++ for teaching client/server.
>
> have fun
> ray charb.

Hi,

Have you check Oracle Power Objects ?

It's like Visual Basic, but with database orientation.

It create executable files, run on both PC and mac, and come with Blaze databse engine (in the future - Personal Oracle Lite).

        Hadar Paiss Received on Thu May 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message