Re: connect internal asking for password: WHY?

From: Pierre Ostigny <postigny_at_cam.org>
Date: 1996/05/30

Hadar Paiss wrote:

> qraa_at_ecn.net.au wrote:
> >
> > In <Drvy78.683_at_cbr.dit.csiro.au>, robertp_at_crux.csis.dit.csiro.au (Robert Andrew Power) writes:
> > >I'm in svrmgrl, trying to shut the database down:
> > >
> > > SVRMGR> connect internal
> > > Password:
> > >
> > >Password????
> > >Since when do I need a password for internal?
>
> Hi,
>
> It can happen in two cases:
> 1. You are not in a dba group.
> 2. On Workgroup Server like NT and Personal Oracle which have Password
> Manager, password is required for the Internal user.
>
> Hadar Paiss
Hi,

Another possibility could be:

   3. The variable TWO_TASK is set to a database service name which cause Oracle to

      use a shared server (MTS). To connect internal, you must use a dedicated server; so
      verify if TWO_TASK is set, if yes unset it in the oracle's profile.

--

Pierre Ostigny
Mailto:postigny_at_cam.org