Re: Oracle Editor problems - help

From: Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 1996/05/30

Yourname_at_somwhere.COM (Your Name) writes:

>In article <31A4B80A.4B27_at_vais.net>, lroger_at_vais.net says...
>>
>>We are using the Oracle default editor to display text from a long field
>>in Oracle forms 4.5. When the text is displayed in the editor it
>>randomly truncates the display of text in the editor. The data is in
>>the database but is not being displayed correctly. If anyone has had
>>experience fixing this problem please respond. We have also attempted
>>to use other editors like Notepad, MSWord and MSWrite all seem to have
>>the same problem. Thanks in advance!
>jdshfsj sjdh sjdh sjhd jshd sjhd sjdhsjd

Good old WordStar in the IBM DOS 2 days (any even in CP/M) could happily edit lines truncating them at 32K. Was slow if you were deleting characters though.

Many editors (even some implementations of vi) barf at lines greater than a disk block.

Maybe look for a versionof emacs.

orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au                 (private mail to dtb_at_bf.rmit.edu.au)
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ   ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/Oracle      http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~orafaq
-- NOT TO BE ARCHIVED IN ANY MANNER ON MICROSOFT NETWORK --