Re: connect internal asking for password: WHY?

From: System Monitor <guinness_at_drives.rta.nsw.gov.au>
Date: 1996/05/29

Robert - I've seen this a number of times - the reason is usually...

When you do a connect internal oracle writes a log to your audit_file_dest (you can't stop it from doing this).

If the file system for audit_file_dest is full or it cannot write the file for any other reason (eg permissions) oracle (in its wisdom) asks for a password - because automatic auditing is not inforced for userid/password connects.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,

Adrian.

Robert Andrew Power wrote:

> I'm in svrmgrl, trying to shut the database down:
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> Password:
>
> Password????
> Since when do I need a password for internal?
>
> I'm logged on to the server where oracle is running, as the
> unix user "oracle" (used to install and start up oracle).
>
> Using Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris 2.4
>
> I may reboot the machine, but if I cannot connect internal,
> I'm worried I wont be able to start the database again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Robert Power

[snip] Received on Wed May 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message