Re: PL/SQL vs. SQL*Plus remote query/insert problem

From: Jared Still <jared_at_valleynet.com>
Date: 1996/05/29

hartleym_at_brihosp.mhs.compuserve.com wrote:

>Taking a shot in the dark,

>When you enclose the sql fragments between Begin & End you are
>creating an enclosed transaction that starts with Begin but doesn't
>commit until you post the commit statement or reach the End statement.
>In effect your transaction has two insert statements

>SQL+ is commiting after each of the insert fragments.

>Try posting a COMIT after each insert.
>--
>Michael Hartley
>Help the Whales.

The only way to commit in PL/SQL is to use the COMMIT statement. Reaching the end of a block does not cause a commit to take place.

Jared Still, Oracle DBA
RxNet, Division of Value Health
"All opinions are mine, not my employers" jared_at_valleynet.com Received on Wed May 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message