Re: How to implement menu security in FORMS 4.5?

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1996/05/28

In <1996May27.235930.3637_at_van.oz.au>, tim_at_van.oz.au (Tim Nguyen) writes:
>Anyone success in implement menu security in FORMS? I follow
>the instructions in the Help file but still no luck. I'd created
>2 roles and granted them to 2 (dummy) users to test out my menu.
>When I start the forms, it gave out the error "FRM-10256: User
>is not authorised to run Forms Menu." But I am sure that
>I am log as one of the granted user.
>
>Users as follow
>user A granted role as ACCOUNTANT
>user B granted role as TELLER
>
>Using sqlplus, and login as either A or B and issue the query:
>select * from user_role_privs ;
>
>result is :
>USERNAME GRANTED ROLE ADM DEF OS_
>A ACCOUNTANT NO YES NO
>
>What's give?
>
>Thanks for any pointers.
>Tim

I had this same problem about a year ago. If I remember correctly there is a table or view that needs to be created before you can use menu security within Forms (Maybe FRM45_ENABLED_ROLES??). To create these tables and views you/DBA needs to run FRM45BLD.SQL as SYSTEM (it is located under /forms45/sql subdirectory). After you run this script you will have to be granted access. There is another .sql script in this directory called FRM45GRT.SQL that does this. This is in the Manuals somewhere... I just can't find it anymore.

M.Landa Received on Tue May 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message