Re: Oracle Log On and Profile error ?

From: David Lund <lund.david.dj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/28

Stan Novinsky wrote:

> I just created a DB on a our VAX 4000. I followed the OpenVMS
> installation guide for creating a DB by running ORACLEINS.
> After creating and starting the instance, I created a user.
> When I log on and enter the password, I get the error:
>
> Warning: Product user profile information not loaded!
> Error in disabling roles in product user profile.
>
> Any ideas on how to correct this. Do I need to load something
> else?
>
> Thanks
> stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu

> * System Configuration:
> *
> * VAXstation 4000/400
> *
> * OpenVMS 6.1
> * Oracle 7.1.5
> *Stan,

You need to run the SQL script pupbld.sql. This is located in the Oracle  software release area under the sqlplus admin directory on your machine. Run it once logged into the database as system. Thsi is the case under Unix - I assume the same under VMS. Received on Tue May 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message