Re: PO7 for W95

From: <perez_at_mposs1.enet.dec.com>
Date: 1996/05/28

OK, the response got me past the problem with the database. Now, how do I get Designer and Developer to work with PO7 for Windows 95? Is anyone else using this combination? SHOULD it work (I presume yes)?

The WHOLE PURPOSE OF DOING THIS WAS TO RUN DES2000 AND DEV2000 on this system. I have BEEN TOLD by Oracle employees that they ARE SUCCESSFULLY using DES200 V1.2 ON THIS CONFIGURATION (PO7 for W95 and DES2K V1.2) !!!!!!!!!!!

I went into WNT and did and export of the database. I also went into Designer/2000 on WNT and did an archive and export. Both went fine. Then I went back into W95 and IMPORTED the database I exported from WNT into the W95 database. Import went fine. I can go in through sqlplus and do a count(*) from RM$1 for example. When I run Designer 2000 and attempt to select an application system I get the following error:
CDI-20002 The selected application system or version is invalid.

I can't get past this point. SO, I went into the RAU and attempted do a Re-create (recompile objects, whatever). It doesn't fail, but it doesn't make any difference either. SO, in desperation I tried an upgrade to 6.0.8. This fails with a CDI-21222 An error has occurred, please examine list file ck608cio.lis. THERE IS NO SUCH FILE ANYWHERE

Attempting to run CKRON10.EXE directly causes the error that it has to have file MFCO250.DLL to successfully run - THERE IS NO SUCH FILE ANYWHERE ON THE SYSTEM OR IN THE INSTALLATION. I copied and renamed MFC250.DLL to MFCO250.DLL but I still get errors when attempting to force the RON to run.

Anyhow, can someone tell me EXACTLY what I have to do to get Designer 2000 and Developer 2000 to WORK WITH PO7 for W95? I've read the release notes, bulletins, and whatever else I could find at the Oracle web site. If there is CLEAR, CONCISE, SIMPLE information in a form that can be understood by a reasonably competent person, I've yet to find it. So, RTFM is a fine answer IF you can point me to unequivocal  information in the FM... Received on Tue May 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message