Re: Automatic SHUTDOWN of Workgroup Server on NT

From: Jason Wells <jason.wells_at_tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/05/28

Jure Modic wrote:

> I can set my Workgroup Server 7.1.3 for NT to start automaticaly when
> the sistem starts up, but I would like to do the reverse thing when
> sistem is shuted down.
>
> Is there any similar solutions with NT Registry or any solutions at
> all?
>
> Regards,
> Jure Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>

As long as Windows NT supports doing stuff at shutdown, you should be able to. Just write a program like this (call it SHUTDOWN.CMD):

sqldba command="_at_shutdown.sql"

And you would have a SQL script called SHUTDOWN.SQL that goes like this:

connect internal
shutdown
exit

Then, you would get NT to run SHUTDOWN.CMD whenever it shuts down. Sorry, I don't know how that works in NT. (if indeed at all.)

Hope this helps.

Jason Wells                 Tapestry Computing, Inc.       Voice: 314.344.0066
Senior Software Developer   Email:jason.wells_at_tapestry.com   Fax: 314.344.0990