Problem: How to call C-functions from a stored procedure

From: Marco Kalter <mkalter_at_pi.net>
Date: 1996/05/26

Hello,

For a new project we are developing, it is necessary to call a C-application from within a PL/SQL stored procedure. To my knowledge, there are only two ways to do this:

  1. Use the dbms_pipes package to communicate with a Pro*C process. From a performance point-of-view this is probably not a good idea, because about 30.000 on-line calls per day will be made.
  2. Use the Oracle Procedural Gateway. This product is not available on our platform (DEC Alpha OSF1).

Does anybody know another way to call C-functions from a stored procedure?

Thanks,
Marco Kalter Received on Sun May 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message