Re: Querying DES2K Repository from SQL*Plus ???

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/05/26

"Dr. Richard G. Ramirez" <ou79138_at_deere.com> wrote:

>I hope this is a stupid question and everybody
>knows the answer.
>
>We want to query the DES2K Repository directly to
>obtain the description of tables, columns, indexes,
>and some coded values.
>
>The goal is to create text files that we can
>process with Perl (or other) to create HTML
>pages that everybody can see without DES2K.
>
>Better yet, we could like to allow users to query
>the repository using Web pages.
>
>Can anyone help?

There are a host of logical VIEWs called the "meta-model"; you want to access these, not the tables themselves. These are described both in the on-line documentation and in a very small document that came with the software.

R1.2 has an application that defines all of these VIEW; you can load this into the repository and be able to use the new Web generator in 1.2a to automatically generate web forms to access the repository. Should ave you a huge amount of work.

>Richard

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379 CompuServe: 76702,456  Internet: 76702.456_at_compuserve.com     Received on Sun May 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message