Re: Long SQL*Net connection times

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1996/05/24

On 23 May 1996, Paul McCulloch wrote:
> I am experiencing very long connect times to Oracle, via SLQ*Net from PC's.
> The connection time seems to depend on which TCP/IP stack is used. Win

Have seen that windows swap space set to TEMPORARY may also cause long connect times. In those situations setting the swap to perm seemed to cure the problem.

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Fri May 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message