Re: Oracle Financials and Vertex Tax package

From: Jack L. Swayze Sr. <keystrk_at_feist.com>
Date: 1996/05/24

Charlie Sykora <Charlie.Sykora_at_LodgeNet.com> wrote:

>We are having problems integrating Oracle 7.1.6 and
>Financials 10.6 with the Vertex Tax package 1.1.
>When entering an invoice line, no tax information
>is being returned from Vertex. Looking at the
>debug file, it looks like the tax is being
>calculated but is not being returned.

>Any help is appreciated.

>Charlie
>csykora_at_lodgenet.com

I am working with Vertex also, but it is the COBOL package.

Are you using COBOL to call Vertex? If not, be aware that COBOL and 'C' behave differently in the way they return data. With 'C' the values are 'spat back out' of the function, but with COBOL the values are 'stuffed' into memroy and you have to go read them.

Please provide more specifics.

Also, there are implementors classes available - I am going to the next one available which will be at the end of next month. Call Vertex for schedule.

'Keystroke'
KeystrkTX_at_AOL.COM Received on Fri May 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message