Re: I am looking for front end apps

From: Steve Gutterman <sgutterman_at_dreamworks.com>
Date: 1996/05/24

Amin S. Kassem wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is my first time posting in this group and my ORACLE knowledge=0.1/100.
> A client is asking us if there is a DOS based or (Windows 3.11) application
> that will act as a front end to the oracle database. This application would
> have to perform field checking and other things such as loading tables and
> data entry.
>
> Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> \|||/
> (0^0)
> | Amin Kassem - Network/Systems Administrator | e-mail: amin_at_tccn.com |
> | Exchange Data, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN. | akassem_at_mr.net |
> | voice: (612)332-2101 - Fax: (612)334-5997 | I would give up an arm |
> | http://www.tccn.com ; A legend in my spare time| to be ambidextrous! |
There are many. You have to define what you need. A application tool? A report query? MS Access, Powerbuilder and Oracle forms to mention a few. The list is extremely long. You can even use MS Excel (with MS Query). Anything ODBC compliant can access ORACLE (this does not mean it has to use ODBC).
Define what you need and repost. Received on Fri May 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message