Re: DBA-Certification

From: Jason Wells <jason.wells_at_tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/05/22

Wachs Rene wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm looking for a serious DBA-Certification-Prep-Test/Exam.
>
> Has anybody an adress and/or any experiences with this DBA-Certification.
> What's
> the real value of this exam/certificate on the market ?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> R. Wachs

The value is zilch. No one, I mean NO ONE, ever asks about DBA certification. The 'Database Administrator' position is still pretty young (compared to 'Priest' or even 'Electrical Engineer', both of which require certification). I've been a DBA for a long time, and no one has ever said "We'd take you, but since you're not certified, get lost." The question never even comes up. Don't spend money to get this kind of certification.

Jason Wells                 Tapestry Computing, Inc.       Voice: 314.344.0066
Senior Software Developer   Email:jason.wells_at_tapestry.com   Fax: 314.344.0990