Re: Client starts unix process?

From: Jason Wells <jason.wells_at_tapestry.com>
Date: 1996/05/22

Warren Nisley wrote:

> Does anyone know of an elegant way to start unix
> processes from within a Forms4.5 client running on a PC?
>
> Thanks!

> Warren Nisley - wnisley_at_ix.netcom.com

Wow. If you're not talking about the Motif version of Developer/2000, I'm not even sure there's an _inelegant_ solution. If Forms 4.5 is Windows, then all I can suggess it buy WinBatch, write a script that launches a Telnet windows client, logs into the Unix box, and runs the process. Then you have Forms launch that WinBatch app. Ugly, but this is the Windows world.

Jason Wells                 Tapestry Computing, Inc.       Voice: 314.344.0066
Senior Software Developer   Email:jason.wells_at_tapestry.com   Fax: 314.344.0990