Re: SQL*NET

From: <ericah_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: 1996/05/22

In article <4mlckj$bud_at_tilde.csc.ti.com>, Padmanabh Krishnagiri <paduk_at_spdc.ti.com> writes:
> Anybody know how to install SQL*NET for windows on a NT machine?
> This is needed since we have some WFW software which runs well
> on NT but cannot use SQL*NET for NT though it works fine with
> SQL*NET for WFW. The problem comes up in trying to choose a
> TCP/IP vendor name during the installation process. Anybody try
> this kind of thing before. All experiences/suggestions welcome.

I've done this both on the NT Server which has the database on it and on NT workstations.

Install SQL*Net for Windows in directory orawin (ie run orainst from the windows\install directory on the cd), select MS TCP/IP for NT as the TCP vendor. Of course if you are installing SQL*Net 2.1 or 2.2 then you will also need to set up the configuration files as well but that's a separate delight!

Regards,

Erica Harris                    ericah_at_wairc.govt.nz
Oracle DBA
Environment Waikato
Hamilton
New Zealand Received on Wed May 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message