Re: How to get gifs into long raws?

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/05/21

In article <4nsr0o$fob_at_news-e2b.gnn.com>,

   consumate_at_gnn.com (brian martin) wrote:
>I'm building a database app for the web, and wanted to
>take advantage of storing my files inside the dbms.

usually you write embedded sql to fetch the image from a file system, then insert it into the table. it is necessary to have the entire image in memory at one time. tip: image table should contain primary key and LONG image only; use a sibling table, one-to-one, to contain attribute columns: this greatly speeds attribute searches. then you write companion embedded sql to fetch images from table; they may be fetched a piece at a time, unlike inserts or updates, if desired.

Dave Mausner, Sr. Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Tue May 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message