Re: Need flow charting software for C/Pro*C programs

From: John Blattner <johnb_at_imagix.com>
Date: 1996/05/21

In article <3191054B.DD_at_metasys.com> Sanjay Nenawati <snenawat_at_metasys.com> writes:

>I am looking for software that could help me prepare flow charts for C or
>Pro*C programs, that is, given a C or Pro*C program, it could help me:
> 1. identify function hierarchies/dependencies
> 2. identify decision blocks (if, while, do/while)
> 3. identify embedded SQL statements (this would be a plus)

>I found out about one software called "Clear for C" from a response to my
>share your experience with it please e-mail me. Also, pointers to any
>other software under Unix or WINDOWS would be greatly appreciated. You
>could either post your reply here or e-mail me.

You might want to check the "Software Re-engineering Web Home Page" which has a lot of useful information about tools, resources, etc, for reverse engineering. You can find it at:

    http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/brant/sre

Another useful site, associated with comp.software-eng and containing a wider selection of CASE tools is:

    http://www.qucis.queensu.ca/Software-Engineering

One tool I'd recommend you look at (since we make it) is Imagix 4D, a program understanding tool for C and C++ software.

What's unique about Imagix 4D -

  • shows many aspects of software - control flow, data flow, build dependencies, class use (C++ only), test coverage, performance...
  • allows easy focusing on pertinent data through knowledge-based exploration engine
  • speeds comprehension through 3D graphic visualization
  • automatically generates design documentation, including html
  • is affordably priced

For more info and trial software:

    file://ftp.imagix.com/pub/vendors/imagix/README     http://www.imagix.com
    email - info_at_imagix.com

John

John Blattner
Imagix Corporation               tel: 1.503.614.1100
P.O. Box 91250                   fax: 1.503.614.0173
Portland, OR 97291-0250          email: johnb_at_imagix.com