Re: DBMS_SQL question

From: Bob Manieri <bmanieri_at_ford.com>
Date: 1996/05/21

jared_at_hwai.com (Jared Hecker) wrote:
>Quick question (I couldn't tell from the ADG) - can I mix DBMS_SQL-type
>commands with regular commands in a stored procedure? I need to generate a
>select statement in an sp dynamically, necessitating DBMS_SQL package. I
>have a few other commands to wrap around the results of that SQL. Does it
>all need to run through the DBMS_SQL package, or can I mix and match?
>Jared Hecker

Jared:
I have a dynamic database purge routine that is a stored procedure. It does a CREATE VIEW using DMBS_SQL in another stored procedure. It just calls it and goes on to do other normal PL/SQL-Stored Procedure type stuff.
Are you having trouble? I can send you an example of the code if that will help.
Let me know.
Bob

  Bob Manieri, Database Administrator, Ford Electronics, Lansdale, PA
    SELECT 'These are my opinions and not those of my employer.'
          FROM SYSTEM.DUAL WHERE DISCLAIMER = 'YES' ;