Re: Screen Printing and Forms 4.5

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/05/20

In article <31A0C062.53F2_at_pop.theplanet.co.uk>, you say:

>Can anyone recommend a viable way of screen printing from Oracle Forms 4.5 (Dev 2000 v1.1)?
>
>The standard print option causes a GPF and so is unusable and for other reasons we cannot move to v1.2 of
>the Dev2000 runtime. We'd rather not have to print a bitmap (1024x768x256 ouch!) especially as the
>information being displayed is textual. Any suggestions of ways to dump the screen to the printer,
>preferably not as a bitmap, from a screen based button will be most welcome.

Chris,
Investigate fixing the GPF itself - we are printing the screen without problem.
Only funny is that I have to make the MDI size slightly larger during the print, else it chops the image.
Best place to start with the GOF is to run a program called (from memory) FIX1MEG. I believe it is available from Oracle. Otherwise, there is a lot of information about GPFs in this newsgroup

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Mon May 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message