Re: ** HELP: Best way to connect Web srvr to Sybase for fastest response??

From: Ronald Bollay <ron_at_yachting.com>
Date: 1996/05/20

In article <aiDqM0ut.9wF_at_netcom.com>, ai_at_netcom.com ( ) wrote:

> April 29, 1996
>
> Hello,
>
> There is a Sun SPARCstation server here running SunOS 4.1.3 (and Solaris
> 2.4 at times).
>
> This SPARC server is also running the Apache Web server (httpd) and Sybase
> SQL Server with a 1 - 5 Gb database (mostly numerical records and some
> text blocks). (The Apache server may be interchanged with a Netscape
> server or Spyglass server in the future depending on performance
> tests down the road).

 Investigate WebBase. You can find out all the remarkable features of this Data Base program on the Web at <http://www.webbase.com/> Don't forget the two b's. I use it myself on Yachting.com, a data base listing boats for sale throughout the world. Good Luck
Ron Received on Mon May 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message