Re: SQL question on Dates

From: <champs_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 1996/05/20

In article <9605160927.AA37975_at_dsmit>, dgsmith_at_wb.xerox.com (David Smith) writes:
> I would think this would be relatively straight forward.
>
> How would I write the SQL to pull the current month's records without having
> to put modify the date in the criteria? Therefore on the first of the month
> it would automatically reset to pulling just that month's records.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Smith

Something along the lines of:

	Select <blah>
	from   <table>
	where  column_with_date between
	              to_date('01'||to_char(sysdate,'mmyy'),'ddmmyy')
	            and
	              last_date(sysdate)

Bye for now.
Steven C.

Steven Champness                   champs_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au
Dept of Health & Family Services Brisbane, Queensland, Australia These opinions are volatile and should be refrigerated before use Received on Mon May 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message