Re: SQL Question

From: Mark <nwa_at_protocom.com>
Date: 1996/05/20

In article <4nm320$6ip_at_newsboy.mtc.ti.com> bradyd_at_ti.com (Brady D'Andrea) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the life of me, I can't figure out the proper SQL statement to return the
> information I need. I'm searching a table based on two criteria. I need a
> count of all rows returned that match the second criteria grouped by the first
> critera, but I need items from the first criteria that don't match the second
> to return a count of 0

Just make a small adjustment to your original

         (SELECT person, COUNT(tool) FROM A
         WHERE city IN ('DALLAS') AND tool IN ('Hammer')
         GROUP BY person)
           UNION
         (SELECT person, '0' FROM A
         WHERE city IN ('DALLAS') AND tool NOT IN ('Hammer')
         GROUP BY person);

Regards, Mark Received on Mon May 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message