Re: Huge Database - Performance Problem

From: Larry <104105.3062_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/05/18

I agree with the other reply you received. When faced with terrible performaance, and the dba said there was nothing left to tweak in the init.ora, we began to take a hard look at code written some time ago and found some really stupid ways things were being done.

   You said you re-sized your sgapad. could you please detail how you did that? I think the last step is to re-link you products (sqlforms, sqr, ProC, whatever). Dou you also have to re-link applications? That is, if I have compiled and linked C programs, and the sgapad is re-sized, do I have to re-compile and re-link each C program? This has been a huge debate at our site.  Our dba's were cautioned by Oracle that re-sizing the pad was a risky, huge task, and all our applications would have to be re-validated! I don't think this is true. I've trying for about 3 months to get straight truth about this.

   Thanks so much in advance, Larry FREDFUSS_at_aol.com Received on Sat May 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message