How to transpose?

From: Mason Liu <lium_at_dspmp001.research.allied.com>
Date: 1996/05/17

Say I retrieve 8 rows x 95 columns of data. What is the most efficient way to transpose it so that it becomes 95 rows x 8 columns.

I can accept a single data block with tab separated data items and carriage return+new line separated rows.

Right now, I built a big concatenation SQL to accomplish this and I wonder, perhaps, there is a better way. For example, Oracle might have a a undocumented TRANSPOSE function for me to use, althought Oracle support said none.

Thanks in advance.

Mason Liu
Object Labs, Inc. Received on Fri May 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message