Re: Oracle & UNIX password

From: J Davis <josh_d_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1996/05/17

cbf_at_moe.ac.sg (Chong Boon Foh) hurled up:

>Our organisation is in favour of single logon to UNIX and ORACLE, ie. user
>connecting to ORACLE is authenticated by UNIX operating system.

>When I logon to UNIX, I am able to connect to ORACLE using SQL*PLUS in the
>server without issuing password.

>However, I encounter problem when I run SQL*PLUS in client workstation to
>access ORACLE because I do not have password stored in ORACLE, and the logon
>failed.

>Could anyone help solving this problem ?

>Thank you very much.

>Regards.

Use ops$usernames. Also set the sqlnet_username in the oracle.ini file in your windows directory by putting this line in there.

sqlnet_username=username

Also, make sure you use the name of the user without the "ops$". In addition now you can log in using a "/". Received on Fri May 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message