error while fethcing sequence

From: Ghouse <ghouse_at_neuraltech.com>
Date: 1996/05/17

We have an application whcih uses a sequence(cache 20, Cycle, Maxvalue 9999).
But, now and then, it crashes with the error   ORA 2289 "sequence does not exist".
The "sequence_cache_entries" is set to 10. Anybody has this experience? Please post any of your leads to solve this problem.
I have not tried increasing the sequence_cache_entries. But, logically, Oracle should get back the sequence even if it is replaced.
Anybody has this experience? Please post any of your leads to solve this problem.
We are on HP with Oracle 7.2.3
-- Ghouse Received on Fri May 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message