Re: migration 7.0 to 7.1

From: Muhammad A. Malik <mamalik_at_cs.wmich.edu>
Date: 1996/05/17

krishna rajan wrote:

> Hi, I have been working with oracle databases for about a year now.
> Apart from doing a lot of pl/sql and sql forms , now I have the added
> task of moving an oracle database v7.0 to v7.1. I have created the new
> version and its up and rinning. As a test , i moved all the objects
> from one tablespace to the new version. every thing looks fine but i am
> still not absolutely sure that every thing is all right. one of the
> reasions being not able to do a through test of the new database.Could
> anybody tell me a list of things to check in the new version before i
> move all the jobs to the new version.
> Thanks in advance
> krishna
> Oracle programmer

All you have stated says you have done it right but if you are unsure wait for something bad (Oops..) to happen. ;-)

If every thing is running fine it is fine. I have performed several upgrades and did not find any difficulty to upgrade from v 7.0 to 7.1.

--

Muhammad A. Malik
mamalik_at_cs.wmich.edu