Re: TCP11.vrf(0): FILE_NOT_FOUND Error

From: Bill McClellan <wdmcclellan_at_tasc.com>
Date: 1996/05/17

In article <009A243B.53558895_at_vms.csd.mu.edu>, Ed Gryga wrote:

> I'm trying install the 90-free trail of "Personal Oracle" downloaded form
> Oracle's Web site (for Windows 3.1).
>
> When prompted for my "Network Protocol" for the TCP/IP option - I received
> the following message:
>
> TCP11.vrf(0): FILE_NOT_FOUND while verifying TCP11
>
> I did download a file call TCP11.VRF.
>
> Can anyone have any info on whats happening.

I have recently had this problem too. I found that I did not decompress the .exe file right. You must use the "-d -n" switches so that subdirectories are formed. For example, you must type "oraodbc.exe -d -n" to get an orainst directory. You will find the setup file there. Hope this helps.

Bill McClellan
TASC
Reston, VA Received on Fri May 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message