Re: Learning Oracle...

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: 1996/05/17

richu_at_interaccess.com wrote:

>In article <4nghtm$i9l_at_news1.io.org> aa00928_at_ican.ca (Kenny Chan) writes:
>>I'm planning on taking formal training in Oracle 7 and its
>>development tools and I was wondering what the job opportunities
>>were like for junior positions. I hope it's not as difficult
>>to get into the field as say C++ and PowerBuilder development.
>>Any opinions?

>Assuming you have no formal DB training,..and no experience..it may be
>rough. I believe many headhunters require 2 yrs experience these days.

>I dont know, anyone else w/ opinions on entry job prospects??

It may be rough but it will be worth it. Most "database" people these days seem to be someone who bought a copy of Access, worked through the sample programs, and now call themselves database programers.

IMHO, you can never go wrong with learning something new, unless its COBOL on a Data General mainframe :)

--
Mark Wagoner
mwagoner_at_iac.net