Re: Personal Oracle7

From: <banglea_at_onr.com>
Date: 1996/05/16

You would do well to read the datasheet for PO7 on the Oracle home page (http://www.oracle.com). If I'm not mistaken, PO7 restricts SQL*Net sessions TO THE LOCAL MACHINE. Another words, you would not be able to connect to the PO7 instance using SQL*Net from another machine. I could be mistaken about this, but I distinctly remember reading something about this awhile back. I think that's why they call it "PERSONAL" Oracle 7.

In article <3199FD0D.2742_at_gfs.com>, pwhitcom_at_gfs.com says...