Re: How to choose rollback segment for import

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/05/16

lichen_at_cs.buffalo.edu (Li Chen) wrote:

>Hi, everyone:
>
>Recently I am busy moving data across different
>instances using import/export. Some of the
>tables in database is pretty large and it
>ran out of rollback segment when the large
>table was imported.
>
>I wonder if there is a way that I can designate
>special rollback segment for import. I know
>that we can use statement "set transaction using
>rollback segment rbs_name" for a specific session.
>But is there some parameter I can set to choose
>rollback segment for import?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>David
>
>--
>

>David Li Chen
>Oracle DBA/Solaris SA consultant

The only way I can think of to specify a RBS for inmport is to take all RBS offline except the one you want it to use. If you're in a production environment that's not very good.

A better option is to use the COMMIT=Y option in imp. This commits after each array insert. See the utilities user's guide ch. 2 for more info.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!