Re: How to choose rollback segment for import

From: <Steven_Dodsworth_at_qsp.co.uk>
Date: 1996/05/16

In <4ndpou$aje_at_azure.acsu.buffalo.edu>, lichen_at_cs.buffalo.edu (Li Chen) writes:
>Hi, everyone:
>
>Recently I am busy moving data across different
>instances using import/export. Some of the
>tables in database is pretty large and it
>ran out of rollback segment when the large
>table was imported.
>
>I wonder if there is a way that I can designate
>special rollback segment for import. I know
>that we can use statement "set transaction using
>rollback segment rbs_name" for a specific session.
>But is there some parameter I can set to choose
>rollback segment for import?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>David
>
>--
>

>David Li Chen
>Oracle DBA/Solaris SA consultant

David,

Unfortunately there is no way of specifying a RBS for imports.

Here are two ways of over-coming this problem.

  1. use the commit=y parameter on the import (this tells Oracle to commit after each 'buffer' of information.
  2. alter the 'rollback_segs=' parameter in the init.ora to use a large rbs and then restart Oracle.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Steve

opinions expressed are mine and do not
necessarily represent those of my employer Received on Thu May 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message