Re: SQLNet with Win95

From: Gene Harris <tetron_at_telepath.com>
Date: 1996/05/16

David S. Guttman wrote:

> On a PC client running MS Win for Workgroups 3.11, I use MS Access 2.0 and SQLNet 2.0
> over MS TCP/IP to attach tables on an Oracle 7.0 database running on a Sun
> workstation. Recently, I upgraded the client to Win 95.
>
> 1. Does SQLNet Ver. 2.0 for TCP/IP work well with Win95? With MS Access 7.0 for Win95?
> 2. Is a Win95 version of SQLNet available?
>
> David Guttman, Dallas, TX

You need a whole slew of 16 bit updates to connect. There are about 450 required support files amounting to 7.5MB to excute 16 bit apps on Windows 95 while connecting to an Oracle server, or connecting to Personal Oracle. None of you old Windows stuff will work very well, although I've heard rumors that some folks have figured out a method to get the old stuff working, but I've never seen it in practice.

I am afraid a call to Oracle support is in order.

Gene Harris
Tetron Software
tetron_at_telepath.com
http://www.telepath.com/tetron Received on Thu May 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST