Re: Problem with Shared Memory with Solaris 2.x

From: Mike Morgan <mike.morgan_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1996/05/16

Marco Zamperini <zampe_at_molotov.etnoteam.it> wrote:

>Dear Oracle Experts,
>I'm trying to start without success an Oracle Database 7.2 instance
>on a Sun Solaris 2.x system.
>When I try to startup the database from SQL*DBA I got the following
>error :ORA-7307.
>I've checked out the /etc/system file but it seem correct to me.
>Somebody could help me ? Any Idea ?
>Thanks in advance !
>
>Marco Zamperini

>* Marco Zamperini *
>* Divisione Sistemi - Group Supervisor *
>* ETNOTEAM SpA - Tecnologie del Software *
>* Via A. Bono Cairoli,34 - 20127 Milano *
>* Phone : +39-2-26162-1 (ext. : 204/274) *
>* Fax : +39-2-26110755 *
>* E-mail : mzamperini_at_etnoteam.it *
>DISCLAIMER:
>This is all my personal opinion and in no way is any of it connected
>with my employer, Etnoteam SpA. This was my opinion before I became an
>Etnoteam employee and will be my opinion after Etnoteam lays my sorry
>ass off again. Don't blame Etnoteam for any of this.

Marco,

Make sure that your sgadef<sid>.dbf in your $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory is owned by the "oracle owner". Also check that the permissions on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle are set to 6751.

The error ORA-07307 indicates there is a problem with access (permissions). Running the Oracle Unix utility called oerr lists the following:

[sunspot:oracle]: oerr ora 7307
07307, 00000, "sms1sg: shmat error, unable to attach sga." // *Cause: Failed to attach shared memory segment, after having gotten it. // *Action: Check errno returned. Verify that SGA attach address is valid.

Hope this helps.
Mike Morgan

mailto:mike.morgan_at_teldta.com
TDS Computing Services
Madison, WI USA Received on Thu May 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message