Re: SQL*Plus question

From: Ken Niedermeyer <kan9691_at_eeidf002.ca.boeing.com>
Date: 1996/05/16

I would be very careful when useing the username/password combination in scripts.
Our company prohibits the "hardcoding" of such things on the basis of security.
If the script file was read by someone who it was not intended for, that person(s) now
have access to your database! I would suggest letting UNIX authenticate the user giving you the ability to eliminate the username/password from all scripts using just "/" instead. Now, you still have the problem you suggested, but Roberts solution to that
would still work.

--
Ken Niedermeyer
Boeing Centrial Information Systems