Re: creating 2nd instance of Oracle?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/05/15

In article <4nac1t$m82_at_usenetp1.news.prodigy.com> WBRD34A_at_prodigy.com (Yuri Ludevig) writes:
>Thanks, to everybody who answered my note. We were able to pass thru the
>first hurdle (startup nomount).
>The problem was that our init.ora file was named init.sid.ora (I could
>not find any reference to any particular name conventions in AIX) and
>Oracle expected the initsid.ora. As a result Oracle was going into
>default dir /oracle_home/dbs and
>picking up syst(first sid).dbf from there.
>I have another question. We created file system for system catalog with
>exaclty 40M size. On the create database we specified 40M on the datafile.
> The create fails saying that there is not enough space available. We
>reduced the size on the create one M at a time until 37M, and that worked.
> There are no other files in that file system. Who swallowed the 3 M?

I'd take a wild guess and say an oversized inode structure for the application. In other words, space for directories that you will never need.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>