Re: Oracle Designer 2000: User experiences

From: Bert Finkelstein <nfinkels_at_csc.com>
Date: 1996/05/15

Gerhard Kleynhans (gkh_at_alpha.terranet.co.za) wrote:
: I have been assigned the task to identify a CASE tool that will
: fulfill the requirements of a database application development project
: being undertaken in my company.

: One tool that may meet our requirements wrt logical and physical data
: modelling, is Oracle Designer 2000. Other options are Sterling's KEY
: and Powersoft's S-Designor.

: A presentation on Designer 2000 that I attended and demo software that
: I looked at impressed me. However, I have not had the opportunity to
: talk to people that are actually using Designer 2000.

: Any views on the merit of Designer 2000?

We are starting to use Designer/2000. One of the main features of Designer/2000 is that it is highly integrated with the Oracle database and Forms 4.5. You should seriously consider it if you are working with an Oracle database. It is a full CASE tool. Not only will it design logical and physical data models, but you can develop a business model into functional modules, and runnable forms. I believe that the other products are only suitable for database design. Designer/2000 is also a multiuser product. Many analyst-developers can user the repository simultaneously. It's well optimized for Oracle enterprise development. Received on Wed May 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message