Re: [Q] Powerbuilder app. to connect to Oracle on Unix

From: John Feibusch <john.feibusch_at_lmco.com>
Date: 1996/05/15

Michel Paquin wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an application made with Powerbuilder that used to run on MS-SQL on
> NT and I've transfered everything onto Oracle on Unix, everything works
> except for one thing, when I logged into my application it ask for a user
> name & password but cannot pass that information to Oracle, meaning I have
> to re-type my password twice before I can get into Oracle.
>
> Anyone knows how I can correct that ?

If you populate your SQLCA transaction object properly, this should not happen. Make sure you have sqlca.logid set to the correct username, and sqlca.logpass set to the password. If you are still having userid/password problems, please explain in step-by-step detail what you are doing and what you want to happen. Also, are you using the native Oracle drivers or ODBC; what version of Powerbuilder; what version of SQL*Net?

I set followups to comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder, which is more likely to be helpful. Received on Wed May 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message