Re: Q: Anyone heard of "SHIVA" telecomm software?

From: Marcus Williford <marcus_at_eola.ao.net>
Date: 1996/05/15

Tony Bravo (tbravo_at_gnn.com) wrote:
: Has anyone heard of or had any experiences with a communications product
: called "SHIVA" (I think it's the company name). Apparently, it is "remote
: node" software that allows laptop users to dial in to a host network. Is it
: any better than alternative SLIP/PPP SQL*Net connection options?
:
: Thanks
: Tony Bravo
: Sr. Consultant
: Syncor International
:
I have played with various dialer packages, most are about the same as far as launching them. I recently tried out, and would suggest foray if you are using windows for workgroups. It will allow ixp and tcp/ip straight to NT. If you are using win95, there is a dll that you can call to directly launch the built in dialer. This is the easy solution if you are using named pipes on a win95 to NT sytem.

Hope this helps a little. If you wan't to compare notes, just e-mail me. talk later,
marcus_at_ao.net

Marcus Williford Received on Wed May 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message